Playing Mobile Baccarat
In the world of mobile gambling, Baccarat is considered to be one of the biggest and most exciting casinos games found online. In Australia, there are a few versions of Baccarat; however the most common mobile version is called Punto Banco. In this version, players compete against the dealer by trying to achieve a higher hand value, similar to Blackjack. However, with Punto Banco, you do not necessarily have to bet on your own hand to win. In this game, players can choose from three betting options at every hand. They can either choose to bet on their own hand, the banker’s hand, or they can bet on a tie.
Basics of Mobile Baccarat
In mobile Baccarat, the game begins by the player being dealt two cards. All of the low number cards 2 through to 9 are worth their face value in points. The 10, Jack, Queen and King are all worth 10 points and the ace is worth a single point. Sometimes totalling your points can get a bit confusing. In order to determine your score, you to you need to total the card points and then drop the first digit. For example, if you are dealt a 3 and an 8, then the total is 3+8=11. When you drop the first digit, the total points = 1. A third card can be drawn for either the player or the banker depending on the points of the first two cards. The third card rules are explained as such:
Player’s Third Card Rule
- If the player or bank has a natural hand of either 8 or 9 from the first two cards, then another card cannot be drawn.
- When the player’s hand has less than or equal to five, the player can draw a third card.
- In Baccarat, if the player does not draw a third card then the banker’s hand must stand on 6 or more. IE if the banker has cards totalling under 6, they must take a third card. When a player takes the third card the Bank must follow the Bankers third card rules.
Banker’s Third Card Rule
- If the banker’s total is 2 or less, the banker draws a card, regardless of what the player’s third card is.
- If the banker total is 3, then the bank draws a third card unless the player’s third card was an 8.
- If the banker total is 4, then the bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- If the banker total is 5, then the bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the banker total is 6, then the bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was a 6 or 7.
- If the banker total is 7, then the banker stands.
Where to Play Mobile Baccarat
In mobile Baccarat, as with Blackjack, a players move is determined by the hand they are dealt. Because of this, strategies and betting can be quite difficult. In the game, betting can be big or small, cautious or adventurous. It is advisable that players hone their skills by playing for free on their iPhones before putting down real money.
If you want to know where to play Baccarat on your iPhone or mobile device, you have come to the right place. To make things easy for you we have created a comprehensive list of Australia’s biggest mobile casinos featuring the widest range of mobile casino games.